Early Childhood Open House
February 4 @ 5:00 pm - 7:30 pmFree
Please join us for an informative evening for parents only. Please register below.
Our Early Childhood Department goals are to help the children:
- Learn about life through religious instruction
- Learn to work and play together in a classroom environment
- Develop/improve large and fine motor skills
- Develop a love of learning
- Experience success in learning to build a positive self-concept
- Strengthen/develop the foundation for academic learning
The Early Fives program is a Pre-K option for children the year before they enter all-day Kindergarten. Students in Early Fives must turn five by October 30th of the current school year.
The Preschool Fours program is a preschool option for children the year before they enter Early Fives or all-day Kindergarten. Students in Preschool Fours must turn four by September 30th of the current school year.
Full Day Option
Incarnation offers an all-day option for students who need to be at school before and after their P4 or E5 sessions. The Extended Day program offers enrichment in both the Early Fives and Preschool Fours curriculum.
Our philosophies of guiding the children include:
- Phonics and Whole Language – Phonics is essential so that children can learn spelling and word identification by sounding out words, seeing patterns in words, and memorizing sight words. We also use literature, poetry, journal writing, and a variety of other whole language activities.
- Learning Centers – Our centers are used to explore a variety of math, language arts, listening skills, science, social studies and religious activities.
- Positive approach – This is used in all that we do, in all that we teach.
- Religious approach – We use our Catholic faith in all areas. (i.e. Science – “Look at the plants God made for us! He gave us the rain and sunshine to make them grow!”)